It’s of course hard to measure it exactly because this is part of long term brand building and every promotional step counts.
Here are some numbers:
- The guardian is one of UK’s leading newspapers – As media exposure it does not get any better than that.
- The online version of the article provides an active link to my youtubechannel
Here are some results:
- An estimated 500 visits to my youtbe profile as a result of the online link and maybe some checked it because of the link posted in the hard copy of the article in the newspaper.
- No change in new subscribers on my channel
- A possible 50 extra visits to my home page – hard to say – these visits landing mainly on the dating for men channel – but hard to say
- A few congratulations from other featured channels authors
- Long term brand awareness increase? – Sure – The name vitalcoaching gets out there of course
This is it as far as what can be measured.
Now, I am super thankful for the feature!
Yes! It is a boost!
yes! I would be thankful to get more of them! Absolutely!
It’s a form of general public validation which deffinitely ads value to my coaching.
Even if the sales or subscribers numbers don’t get a significant boost out of it, the brand awareness impact is most certainly there.
Thanks again! I am very grateful! Loved it
Just checked the visit stats to my videos + channel and yes
- 1000 extra video views – can probably be attibuted to that feature.
- 300 of these video views are for the vid featured on my channel
- the 700 other video views seem to be random accross my channel – At first sight, I don’t detect any visible trend
- This means an increase of 25% to the usual daily traffic – So that’s not spectacular in my case but very welcome of course 😉
- Interestingly, all these views and visits did not lead to a significant new number in subscriptions (which is logical – if I keep in mind the video views numbers, these new subscriptions should account for 25% of my daily average subscriptions – That’s like 1 or 2 subscriptions at this stage
- the number of daily channel views is much bigger with an increase of probably 400% compared to average -but this did not seem to significantly influence the number of subscribers