From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
This is a list of emotions.
According to Robert Plutchik’s psychoevolutionary theory, the basic eight emotions are:
- fear (or terror, shock, phobia)
- anger (or rage, which can be directed to the self or others)
- sorrow (or sadness, or grief or depression [which some people think of a separate emotion-see depression)
- joy (happiness, glee, gladness).
According to Book Two of Aristotle’s Rhetoric, the emotions are:
- Anger vs. Calmness
- Friendship (Love) vs. Enmity
- Fear vs. Confidence
- Shame vs. Shamelessness
- Kindness vs. Unkindness
- Simple emotions
- Complex emotions
- Pure emotions
- Propositional attitudes
- Complex propositional attitudes