You need to create an environment which is conductive to exercising easily.
If every time you want to train, it takes you 5 min to prepare the space, you will miss dozens of opportunities for short training sessions.
Here are some ideas:
- Get some small weights and keep them around.
- Create a space on the floor big enough to lay your yoga mat and be able to easily move in all directions.
- If you work from home, wear clothes which are comfortable enough without having to change the minute you want to exercise.
- Have a bar somewhere in your garden or in the house that you can use for pull ups.
- Clear clutter and create space.
- If you like the idea, invest in a couple of training machines – getting a cross trainer sounds like a good choice.
- Get a swiss exercise ball for abs, back and balance practices.
- Get some training elastics – This is the simplest training gear you can get and will give you instantly dozens of exercises you can practice straight away.
- Get a jumping rope.
- Get a pair of jogging shoes.
- Subscribe to a couple of fitness magazines like men’s health or women’s health – Seing pictures of fit bodies will be a reminder of the type of target you want to reach.
If your personal environment is filled with small training reminders, you will naturally engage in these exercises without thinking about it.
You will start with small steps and within a month realize that you are already moving your body much more than before.