so, right now, I am selling on kindle and Nook.
what i want to check now are the possibilities to expand.
there a few ways I can expand:
- create more titles
- publish on new platforms
- publish other formats like audios and dvd’s on amazon
I have been publishing lots of new titles and that way of expanding seems to work well.
successful so far.
what I checked today is new platforms.
here is what i found so far:
- smashwords – not too user friendly so far but still testing it
- Itunes connect / ibookstore / ipad – that’s the most promising platform so far – this should work as I could potentially offer my content to a whole new audience on Ipad and possibly iphones – have to double check that
- Borders – still searching how to do that
- Kobo – not too intuitive – checking with them
For ibookstore, or ibooks, it seems that there are a few possible avenues…
Use their itunes connect service to sell content or use a third party service like lulu that seems to connect my content with them.
of course why use a third party like lulu if I can work and publish directly on their platform – that’s what I need to check.
Right now, a small challenge that I have to solve is to effectively convert my .doc files to .epub files.
tested that so far but the files is not being accepted as epub file – I am being told that the files contains errors, so I need to check that.
but so far, getting ready to bring my content to the Ipad and Iphone could the next big breakthrough
taking a similar step with my podcasts on itunes in the past was a huge breakthrough – I am calling for help for this to work!
I feel the energy streaming that way