This is a question I get a lot when coaching my clients on this topic:
Should I cut all contact with my ex?
Well, no contact is a good idea if:
- You fight when you see each other
- It is painful to see your ex
- It keeps you stacked on the past
- It disempowers you
- Your ex abuses or blames you
- If you are a better person when you don’t see them
In 90% of the cases seeing your ex when you are in the break up zone will have that kind of effect!
So, the simplest thing is not to initiate contact, especially if when you initiate contact, you secretly wish for an opportunity to get back together.
This is not the way to go!
If you do initiate contact, keep it to the minimal!
Usuallly, more than one short meeting or call a week will polarize your attention far too much on your ex and stop you from exploring new potential relationships.
Here are more questions I cover depth in the break up programs:
- What if you have children together?
- What if your ex calls you frequently – How to ask them to stop
- What if you must see your ex at work?
- What if you are in the same social circles and have many friends in common?
- What if your ex lives next door?
- Why it’s a good idea to stay away from your ex
- Can you use “no contact” as a way to get them back?
- What if your ex wants you to be friends?
The answers are right here! – Get them now!
To your power!