Losing 5 pounds in 30 days is a realistic target.
Losing 20 pounds in a week is not!
There is no point hitting a target by using pure will power to realize that you can’t maintain a given discipline on the long term.
Make a quick reality check on your target before you try to implement it.
- Is this something I will enjoy doing?
- Can I maintain this new habit on the long term without major effort?
- Is the impact on my body really healthy?
- Is this something I can truly afford?
- Do I have the time to implement this strategy?
Following pipe dreams is a waste of time and energy.
What you want is make real changes, not dream about them and then miss your targets.