Here are some of the core qualities to keep in mind:
- Validation/Recognition – This is your ability to validate your partner and get validated by them
- Financial contribution and balance
- Task sharing – Kids education – Household
- Priorities – Partners must be number one for each other – Complicity with each other – same priorities with family travels and assets for intance
- Common vision – Exciting perspectives
- Tolerance + Respect
- Individual power – The fact that you are in a couple doesn’t take a way your ability and pleasure to function as an individual if needed
- Connection with the rest of the world – Social life
- Love + Validation as a couple from family and friends
This is only a fraction of the possible qualities you can have in a relationship.
You can ad more qualities you feel are important for you.
Next step? You can give your couple a mark (0-100%) in those various areas.
You might for instance score 100% in sex but 30% in household sharing.
If you quantify the quality of your relationship, it will quickly show you the areas you can work on.
It’s a good excercise to do if you feel something frustrates you but you don’t know exactly what it is.