This is what people frequently get when they click on a link which is protected.
It is a massive turn off if you are not a member!
It makes you feel like a criminal!
hey! I didn’t do anything wrong! I just clicked on a link!
What is the solution for that?
- Give them a friendly message instead!
- Warn them before they click!
How do you warn visitors? How do you let them know what is free and what is not?
- You separate free and premium content
Don’t really like that one… It forces me to separate things in the site – It might create some chaos in the navigation
- You ad a “For Members only” note aftre each post…
Well… what if 95% of the content is FOR MEMBERS ONLY, that doesn’t make the navigation and design any lighter, does it?
- You make EVERYTHING “FOR MEMBERS ONLY” and let them know that clearly on the access page
That’s the best option so far. No one is confused! Things are clear!