If the steps you are taking involve far too much effort, try shifting your approach:
- Shift first the aspects of your diet which are easy.
- Have shorter training sessions.
- Lower your expectations.
- Less repetitions.
- Use smaller weights.
- Be less fanatical with your training routine or new nutrition habits.
- One day a week, let go of your discipline.
- Train every second day rather than every day.
Make it easier on you.
The real goal is to keep on training + making positive nutrition changes long term!
If your discipline is too rigid or too hard to maintain you highly risk giving up all together.
Make it easier on yourself!
ENJOY! I mean it!