FORUM ARCHIVE

Daughter and Ex had a strong relationship

Daughter and Ex had a strong relationship

Postby ron_smith » Sun May 02, 2010 10:04 am

My fiance of 8 years broke up with me this past Christmas. For the past four months she has been telling me that she wanted to work on our relationship and I responded by attempting to make the changes in my life that she had suggested. Last month I discovered that she had moved another guy into the house that we lived in. Needless to say that was a deal breaker, however I have one serious problem that I am hoping someone may help me with. My ex-fiance was also the woman that my daughter called mother. Her and I began to date when my daughter was just 6 months old. She has raised her in every way since her biological mother has not had contact with her.

My daughter is very attached to her she is having a hard time dealing with the breakup and often cries for her "Mommy." She recently wrote my ex a letter and has begged me to send it. However, I am hesitant to since my ex has made no attempt to contact my daughter. I am afraid that if she does not respond to my daughter's letter it will be very hurtful to her. On the other hand, I would like to send the letter to see if he still cares about my girl. My suspicion is that she does not. I guess my question is should I allow my daughter to send the letter and how do I comfort my daughter if she does not get a response?
ron_smith

Re: Daughter and Ex had a strong relationship

Postby vitalcoach » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi, sorry about the delay with replying - was travelling.

Can you meet me on skype: vitalcoaching - I have a few follow up questions I need to ask you before I answer... It will be way easier if we can speak live
vitalcoach

Return to Children