FORUM ARCHIVE

Feelings growing for my brother-in law

Feelings growing for my brother-in law

Postby zarey » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:26 pm

------- Side note ---------------

Watch now these new videos! They answer most of the dating questions you might have :wink: - For women only! - vitalcoach

How to strike a conversation with a total stranger - video - 8 min
How to tease guys - Video - 4 min
I can't stand seeing him talking with other girls - Video - 5 min
How to connect with a man you never met before - Video - 7 min
How to increase attraction after a first date - video - 6 min
Key Safe-Dating strategies - Protect your body+emotions - Video - 10 min
How to win at first dates - Video - 7 min
How to ask him out - Video - 8 min
Why guys fall for girls like you - Video - 7 min
How to make it very easy for him to ask you out - Video - 7 min
Keep it simple for 3 months - Video - 6 min
How to be rejection proof - Video - 8 min
Is he afraid to commit? - Video - 4 min
Why does he flirt with you? - Video - 3 min
Why he does not call back - Video - 4 min
Understanding men - Video - 3 min
How to get a guy to fall in love with you - Video - 9 min
How to get a guy to notice you - Video - 4 min

---------------------

Many years ago I met my brother-in law on his first date w/ his wife. I was engaged at the time and we all met and became fast friends. Fast forward to many kids and years later and things have changed.
His marriage is slowly dying. His wife is no longer interested in him and has actually confided to me that she is no longer really in love with him.
My husband has done some things in the past such as abuse alcohol and drugs that have made me close my heart off to him. We are still going through the motions. Kind of the same as them.
One night when we were all at my house my brother-in law confided to me that he secretly had always wondered what life would have been like if we had gotten married instead.
I have had men approach me at various times in my marriage, some very attractive offers, but I never seriously even considered leaving my husband.
However, when my brother-in law confided this in me, I had to respond with the truth, which is that I had considered the same thing.
I am so ashamed. I wished I could tell these feelings to go away, but they only grow stronger each time we see each other.
We have not commited any infidelity, but if I could just snap my fingers I would leave with him today.
However, my husband has cleaned up his act and is trying to repair our marriage. We also have children. I know the smart thing to do is to stay in my marriage, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that I can block out my feelings.
My brother-in law is working his way toward a divorce, but I am feelings stuck. I know what I should do, but I am afraid of myself and my feelings taking over reason.
zarey

Should you follow just your passion

Postby vitalcoach » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:48 am

Hi,

I can imagine how this situation makes you feel.

I'll be direct, okay?

This situation is a battle.

Right now, you would be ready to leave behind family, children, a now committed husband and a stable situation.

If you are slave of your passion, it is the totality of life as you know it right now which will collapse on the spot.

You might get some temporary warmth for a while but the price to pay is so high! and the benefits are only little.

What you are looking for is a fresh impulse in your live.

Now, you based your life on core values and beliefs. You married for life, made a commitment for yourself and those you care for.

Right now, I don't see you in love. I see you in pain. I see you trapped and enslaved to a passion.

The truth is that this crush you have right now takes you nowhere!

It is a self destructive direction and the moment you step that way, you will destroy your life on the spot and the life of those who do believe in you and care for you.

I could paint for you an even more vivid picture of what will happen if you go that way and there is only one word to describe it: a mess!

I know that what I am saying is tough and direct.

The truth is that I want to send you a wake up call.

What you face right now is a life challenge.

Now, the way you handle this challenge is a key.

You need to tap into a new source of power in you so that you stay master of your passions.

When you surrender to your passion, you are literally enslaved.

Passion is a positive fire in you.

When it wakes up, it is the sign that a part for you is calling for attention.

Now, that you passion is awake, use it, and channel it in way which will be constructive for you.

Your partner is full of fire. If you feel you can't express right now this passion with him, you are wrong!

You can!

You can jump on him any time and tell him about this fire you did not even know you had.

Master this force rather than becoming the slave of it.

This challenge is an incredible opportunity to grow for you.

Don't suppress it, redirect it and win this challenge

You will amazed of what happens to you the moment you do!

Inner, total and magnificent sense of inner freedom!

Warmly

Francisco
vitalcoach

Return to Crushes