If you want to give it a try and ask for feedback from your tribe, family or partner, I encourage you to do it! It’s precious!
You can simply copy/paste my words on your wall if you aren’t clear on how to word it:
“BLIND SPOT CHECK / Give me 3 things I could activate in my life that are not fully manifested yet…”
HOW TO GET IT RIGHT WITH THIS PRACTICE?
Here are a few essential tips!
CREATE A SAFE CONTAINER!
- Set up a timer!
- Decide when it’s open!
- Clearly close it at the end.
- Once the feedback container is closed, DROP IT!
IF YOU ARE THE ONE RECEIVING THE FEEDBACK:
- Don’t argue with the messenger! Say “thank you for your reflections” and that’s it!
- Don’t confront or attack the messenger on their feedback! Make it safe for them to share their truth!
- Open yourself to any possibilities.
- Summarize what you hear in a few words, targeted ideas or concepts and write them down.
- Take a moment to REALLY pause and integrate what is shared! Listen deeply!
- If you feel inspired to offer 30 sec reflections later in the form “Yes that resonates…” or “That doesn’t resonate…”
IF YOU ARE THE ONE OFFERING REFLECTIONS:
- Offer 3 specific reflections. It can be for character traits, choices, offerings, skills, life style, any potential the receiver might not see!
- Go straight to the point! Be direct! Summarize the essence of what you want to share in 1 sentence or 2.
- Don’t be attached to the receiver following through! Your feedbacks are just suggestions! They might resonate or not.
- Don’t use this as an opportunity to force your agenda on them
- Don’t keep dragging your insights! If you see the person later, don’t bring it up again unless they ask you for clarification.
I LOVE YOU!