In our lives, there can be a point where nothing makes sense anymore.
This “emotional place” is an identity crisis.
- There can be various triggers:
- Health problem
- Relationship break up or divorce
- Motivation or interest gap at work
- Feeling of isolation
These external causes bring to the surface a deeper underlying dissatisfaction.
This dissatisfaction is expressed through deeper existential questions like “What am I doing here?”, “What is going on in my life?” etc.
It’s time to make a move!
A crisis is a wake up call!!!
There are three stages in using a crisis as an explosive powerful source of transformation and renewal in our lives:
- The first stage is understanding. This means finding the answers to why it is happening. Understanding means understanding the underlying dynamics, discovering fresh perspectives.
- The second stage is strategy. Strategy is about having a plan, a design on how to handle a crisis situation.
- The third stage is action! It means actually making the moves, taking the steps which bring you from where you are to where you want to be!